Re: Urgent: Polish fonts in Win32

"Bartosz \"Neron\" Leper" writes:
 > I'm Polish and I've written an application on Linux using Gtk. Then I've
 > compiled it under Win32.

What version of GTK+?

 > It turned out, that everything was good, except ALL
 > the strings containing Polish letters. Every label containing such text was
 > just gone (those including only English alphabet were still there), but the
 > text entries were OK.

Sounds like you are using GTK+ 1.2.x on Unix and thus GTK+ 1.3.0 on
Windows. If so, all text that you pass to GTK+ 1.3.0 must be in
UTF-8. But why aren't you using GTK+ 2.2.2?

Yes, with hindsight, using UTF-8 in GTK+ 1.3.0 on Windows was a
mistake, as it causes source compatibility problems with the
corresponding GTK+ 1.2.x as used on Unix. But, I didn't know back then
that GTK+ 2.0 with Pango was going to be Unicode-based.

--tml