Re: Any docs available for gtk2 input methods?

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:23:36 +0900
Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin ThinRope net> wrote:

> Is there any documentation on the internal input methods? Their usage
> (as a user) and usage (as a developer)?
The gtk API documentation is good enough in my experience:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkIMContext.html
If you want to write your own input module you should be looking at the
sources also.

> How can I switch between input methods with the keyboard? If cannot, any
> ideas of how to implement this?
Input widgets create an instance of GtkIMMulticontext, which is basically
the menu popping up on right click.
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkIMMulticontext.html
I think you will have to add the hotkey support to all input widgets.

> How can I write a new IM and use it? Thinking of Cyrillic Trnasliterated
> Bulgarian.
Maybe you should look at modules/input/imcyrillic-translit.c Should be
pretty easy.

> How can I change the IMs that are displayed in the mouse right-click
> menu?
Depends on what you mean by "change". User/admin changes would be editing
/etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules
If you want to change it from your program, then you will have to
manipulate GtkIMMulticontext and/or the GtkMenuShell it uses.