Re: Features needed for high-end DTP apps

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 17:20, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Other than speed consideratons, TeX line breaking is unsuitable
> for interactive apps because it is very disconcerting to the user
> to have parts of the paragraph before the cursor changing as
> you edit.

I don't quite agree, here.  When I used InDesign 2 it didn't looked
"very disconcerting".

Most of the time, new characters don't change previous line breaks, so
overall it works in a pretty intuitive way.

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
cuenca pacaterie u-psud fr