Re: Compose file not working

Kaixo!

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 08:40:35AM +0400, Baiju M wrote:

> I have one Compose file at /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/ml_IN.UTF-8/Compose
>
> After setting the locale to ml_IN.UTF-8, this Compose file is activating in
> xterm and xedit. But I have to select X Input Method from the menu of
> testtext or GEdit to activate this compose file.

That's normal.
Those files are only used trough the X Input Method.

> It use en_US.UTF-8
> Compose file by default after swithing the locale to ml_IN.UTF-8

You also need a line like

ml_IN.UTF-8/Compose:	ml_IN.UTF-8

in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/compose.dir, in order to have the locale
named "ml_IN.UTF-8" associated to the right Compose file.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.stben.be/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]