Re: Chinese anti-alias fonts

Darren Chuck wrote:

Alex Larsson wrote:

Antialiased fonts are not done by the X server. They are client side.
You have to edit your /etc/X11/XftConfig (or wherever your distro places it) and add the ming font to the sans alias.

After removing some font paths in XftConfig, chinese aa fonts work in pango. However some other languages can't be shown, e.g. german.

I'd wonder how pango handles for different charsets and fontsets. The existing docs won't help much. =(

I think you can just add, use the "+=" (i can't remember this is exactly correct) to add the Ming fonts to the existing font aliases. If you have tried that, I guess there are some precedency for pango to read the fonts. I can't tell, I guess fiddle around with the ordering of the fonts will give you more clue ;)

Patrick

regards,
darren