Re: Heads up on Pango HEAD

> Using plain autoconf means that my portability problems are per-machine,
> rather than per-machine and per-autoconf/libtool version.  So far, it's
> been a win for me.

While I agree that libtool isn't a perfect tool, I don't see how you
intend to solve similar issue on your own. Given the problems reported
on a very standard system (Solaris), I'm afraid more complex systems
(wrt shared libraries) will simply never work properly (e.g AiX).

Now, if you have a solution to this problem not involving libtool, but which
is as portable, I'd like to know about it.

Arno