Gnome 2 Screenshot - Tamil Xft rendering seems broken

Hi,
   This is Vikram, who submitted the last patch to the
Tamil Pango Module(from a different email ID). I
stumbled across this GNOME 2 screenshot from
developer.gnome.org.
http://greebo.homeip.net/gnome2.png

This has a nice screenshot showing Anti-Aliased
Rendering of HELLO.utf8 under gedit, with Tamil
rendering broken :-(

Seems none of the characters in the ligature block got
rendered.I wonder where the person got the TTF fonts
from.

The last time around Pango couldn't load more than one
TTF font for rendering using Xft.So has this changed?

Is there be some change required to the Tamil Xft
module?

What should I do to get it the Xft rendering properly
working for English and Tamil at the same time.

BTW anyway knows the person who owns the above
screenshot?

Thanks,
Vikram