Re: Can pango work with GTK+1.2?

Kaixo!

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 12:41:28AM +0800, Jimmy Lin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to input/display Unicode with stable release of GTK+ (version 1.2),
> but it seems that the API does not support handling unicode in GTK+1.2.

It does.
But limited to character sets that are bijections between codepoints
and actual glyphs (1)  and limited to left to right.

(1): well some combining characters work too, like thati for example.

So, you can use utf-8 with current gtk for cyrillic, latin, greek, chinese,
thai, japanese, etc...

but not for indic, arabic, hebrew.

You just need to carefully choose the iso10646-1 font you want
in your /etc/gtkrc.xxxx file to use one that does have the wanted glyphs.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975