Re: Font Problems

Around 17 o'clock on Aug 23, Owen Taylor wrote:

> However, it doesn't do us any good for Xft, because fontconfig
> pre-prunes the list of candidate fonts based on the coverage
> information they report.

Hmm.  We need to move fonts with GSUB support ahead of fonts without GSUB,
but only for arabic shaping.  One possibility is to have a property
indicating GSUB support; apps supporting shaping would request GSUB and
prefer fonts with GSUB bits.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab