Re: Question about gtk_im_context_set_cursor_location()

Yao Zhang <yaoz vidar niaaa nih gov> writes:

> I am trying to use the cursor location as a reference to position
> candidates popup window.  The problem is where is the origin of the
> cursor location?
>
> It seems that the cursor location is relative to the client window.
> But if the client is GtkTextView and has been scrolled down, the cursor
> location is no longer right, or I can not do
>     gdk_window_get_origin(client_window, &x, &y);
>     cursor_x_in_screen = x + area->x;
>     cursor_y_in_screen = y + area->y;
> to obtain cursor location in screen coordinates.  Since within IM,
> I don't/shouldn't know whether the client has scrolled down or not,
> it is very hard for me to position the candidates window at the right
> spot.
>
> I think we can simply change gtk_im_context_set_cursor_location()
> to pass absolute cursor location in screen coordinates.  Should I
> open another report on bugzilla?

This function is supposed to set the position with respect to the
client window. If a widget isn't doing this,it's a bug,and should be
bugzilla.

(Also, the docs need to be improved for
gtk_im_context_set_cursor_location() since they say nothing about
the coordinate system, so that should be in bugzilla as well.)