various CJK and FT2 questions

How can I cange the defaut size of font. It is too small now. Also when
using chinese without FT2 I get small characters mixed with larger characters.
The larger characters are all characters that are simplified chinese (the
smaller are the same characters in simplified and traditional) So this is
unusable. I checked the pango alias file and things were in place.

When I use FT2 aa fonts the simplified characters don't show at all (but the
characters that exist is traditional and simplified both do show). I checked
the XftConfig file and all font specs seemed to be correct and all fonts are
installed exist and the directories are correct. Am I missing something
here? Is there anywhere to get more information on these types of problems?

Also, I would like different charsets to be differents sizes. For example I
want roman letter small but CJK chars large. Ihave this in Emacs with
fontsets and it is nice. How can I do this in gtk+2?

thanks

# chinese gb2312
match any family == "Kaiti"  	edit family =+ "AR PL KaitiM GB";
match any family == "Sungti"  	edit family =+ "AR PL SungtiL GB";
match any family == "sans"  	edit family =+ "Sungti";
match any family == "serif"  	edit family =+ "Sungti";
# chinese big5
match any family == "Kaiti"  	edit family =+ "AR PL KaitiM Big5";
match any family == "Mingti"  	edit family =+ "AR PL Mingti2L Big5";
match any family == "sans"  	edit family =+ "Mingti";
match any family == "serif"  	edit family =+ "Mingti";

with gtk+2.0.1
freetype1.0.9
atk
glib