Re: layout width vs. extent
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: <dleach qnx com>
- Cc: <gtk-i18n-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: layout width vs. extent
- Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:14:28 -0400 (EDT)
<dleach qnx com> writes:
> When the layout width is set with pango_layout_set_width,
> should it effect the output of routines such as
> pango_layout_get_extents, or is it a informational
> only item, accessed when the programmer is
> rendering the layout via pango_layout_get_width?
The getter is there only because we have a general rule
that setters have getters. (No write-only properties
when we can avoid them.)
The extents of the layout can differ from the width
in multiple ways:
- The extents can (and usually are) less than the
width if there are no lines that long.
- If there is no break within the set width, the
layout extents may be wider than the set width.
] [Thread Prev