Re: Another --> Re: GtkMovementStep of GtkTextView

Hi all,

] Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 05:43:02 -0700 (PDT)
] From: Bacteria <bactmail yahoo com>
] Subject: Re: Another --> Re: GtkMovementStep of GtkTextView
] To: Chookij Vanatham <Chookij Vanatham Eng Sun COM>, gtk-i18n-list gnome org
]
] Hi,
]
] i've create images for describe some behavior of Thai
] character 'cluster'.
] maybe its better that try to draw it in the air.
]
] http://digitalboom.hypermart.net/thai/input/thai_input_example.html

This is good image and easy to understand for non-thai people.
Just in case if it can be done more.
We should show the case of SaraAm as well because this case is always
easy to be confused.
SaraAm case for Thai is a little bit closer to Indic clustering.

]
] does it the same with Indic, Korean and Vietnamese ?
For Indic, I think "backspace" and "delete" should behave similar to Thai,
at least. The additional/different behavior is Indic has "Ra" and
"I" vowel which is put in front of consonance (but inputing is after
the consonance).

Another word, Indic will be super-set of Thai. Those cases where are not
in Thai, we need to figure out to make sure to have them in the right
behavior. That's why we have been having these discussion....

I've got to learn Korean/Vietnamese more to be able to say ..... :<

Chookij V.

]
] Art! :)
]
] --- Chookij Vanatham <chookij thestork eng Sun COM>
] wrote:
] >
] > Hi,
] >
] > I'll check it out.
] >
] > I just make sure that the sample below "ü<Delete>"
] > is actually the
] > <baskspace> case. It should be "ü<Backspace>"
] > produces u.
] >
] > Just make sure that we are in-sync.
] > I thought that <backspace> would delete one
] > character in front of
] > the current cursor position.
] >
] > <Delete> will delete the current whole cluster.
] >
] > This behavior is in Thai and same as "indic" as
] > mentioned by
] > "Steve Underwood".
] >
] > Not quite sure about "Korean and Vietnamese" as
] > mentioned by "Mark Leisher"
] > but if it means "<backspace>" in both Korean and
] > Vietnamese will
] > delete one character in front of the current cursor
] > position, then,
] > seems to be Thai/Indic/Korean/Vietnamese behave the
] > same for both
] > <backspace> and <delete>
] >
] > Chookij V.
]
] Do You Yahoo!?
] Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
] http://auctions.yahoo.com/