Re: Another --> Re: GtkMovementStep of GtkTextView

Hi Roozbeh, Pablo,...

> Kaixo!

> > > Indeed.
> > > But what about the vowels and other diacritic marks?
> >
> > It depends. If the base letter with the diacratic makes (or 'composes to'
> > in Unicode terms) another letter, like one of the characters
> > U+0622..U+0626, you "may" treat it as a single letter. Otherwise, they
> > must be treated separate.
>
> Those have also their own keys on Arabic keyboards I think.

So, I think that, in arabic script, users like to have <backspac> to delete
the previous key typed. This is the same as Thai/Indic/Korean/Vietnamese...
One difference in arabic is that those base letter with diacritic
(U+0622..U+0626) will be treated as a single letter and that is also typed
by one key stroke. The <backspace> algorithm still works with those letters
because they have their own codepoints. <backspace> algorithm is just removing
one codepoint from logical stream...
For lam+alif case, <backspace> algorithm (if it's just removing one logical
codepoint before the current cursor) will just remove "alif" first and this
should satify arabic users as well...., I guess.....

Chookij V.