unicode sorting algorithm?

Hello!

I'm just curious if there exists an unicode, fully internation, sorting
algorithm. I need to make database of my bibliography, which counts books
in czech, english, german, modern hebrew and arabic. Up to now don't
have them stored in computer due to lack of international support.

Is there any standart way to do sorting on multilingual unicode text?

More specific: how will sorting be solved in the gtk-2/gnome-2 platform?
Or should each  developer write his own sorting routines?

Thanks

Petr Tomasek

--
Petr Tomasek, http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek/