Re: Language tags

Owen Taylor wrote at 11 Jun 2001 10:53:59 -0400:
 > The last major API bug I'm planning to deal with for Pango before 1.0
 > is to clean up the language tag handling.
 >
 > The idea of a language tag is that it identifies the language
 > of a portion of text.
 >
 > The primary use of language tags in Pango is for taking lanugage ito
 > account when shaping - for instance, to choose between simplified and
 > traditional chinese character shapes.

The other place that language/locale is noted as necessary is in
.pangoft2_aliases.  Is there anything planned for that?

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                           mailto:tony graham ireland sun com
Sun Microsystems Ireland Ltd                       Phone: +353 1 8199708
Hamilton House, East Point Business Park, Dublin 3            x(70)19708