Bug in pango_layout_index_to_pos()

I noticed a bug in the function pango_layout_index_to_pos() which takes 3
parameters, a PangoLayout*, a gint index and a PangoRectangle* which is an
in/out parameter.
The PangoLayout that I give this function belongs to a GtkEntry object, but I
find that the GtkObject fails the ATK_IS_OBJECT assertion after using the
function. This indicates that the pango_layout_index_to_pos() function corrupts
the object/structure whose PangoLayout I pass in to the function. This is also
the case when passing the function a PangoLayout which is part of a GtkLabel
object.
I have looked at the code for the pango_layout_index_to_pos() but I can see
nothing obvious, so I suspect that the problem could be with one of the pango
functions that pango_layout_index_to_pos() calls internally.

Has anybody else noticed this problem?

I have submitted this as a bug in Bugzilla #57391

Oisin Boydell
Sun Microsystems Ireland
Phone: +353 (0)1 8199778
Mobile: +353 (0)86 3045117