Re: freetype

Somesh Agarwal <agarwal_somesh yahoo com> writes:

>    freetype does not have gpos and gsub support in it which pango
> has , has someone tried to use pango for this so that freetype can
> be used for
>
> fonts like indic fonts and all ???

The GSUB/GPOS code in Pango is taken (with some adaptation) from
FreeType1. I believe that it is considered by the FreeType maintainers
to be a rough hack, and they have plans of replacing it completely
with a new layout library that can be used in conjunction with
FreeType.

(The code looked fairly reasonable to me however, for using within a
layout library such as Pango, so I borrowed it and ported it to
FreeType 2)