Re: WRAP_WORD with CJK

>> Is this a bug? If so, which module, pango, gtktextview or gtktextlayout,
>> should be responsible for it? Have this been filed in bugzilla already?
>
>The default break implementation in pango/pango-break.c should handle
>Japanese properly. (It implements algorithms from the Unicode standard
>that take care of prohibited breaks, and so forth.) If it doesn't it
>is a bug. I haven't it reported yet on bugzilla.

Prohibited breaks for punctuation marks, etc, work in general. They
are wrapped down to the next line properly, but I don't see a difference
b/w WRAP_CHAR and WRAP_WORD with Japanese.

For instance, Japanese text surrounding with opening and closing
quotes pair, opening and closing bracket pair, and so on, I expect the
whole text should be wrapped down to the next line in WRAP_WORD.

In English, for instance, "foo", (bar), {barbar} are wrapped down as a whole
in WRAP_WORD while wrapped as separate characters one by one in WRAP_CHARS.

Is it a valid bug?

Regards,
Toshi