Re: all _() defines for i18n

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 04:47:05PM +0200, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> On 21 Apr 2001 11:54:18 +0200, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> > 9. What features do we need in gettext?
> >
> > Can we make gettext more helpful to translators?
> >     eg msgid "file \[noun\]"
> >         msgid "file \[verb\]"
> >
> > Both giving a hint to the translator on what is meant,
> > and also prepared for machine translation. text in \[\]
> > should then be ignored when the string is written.
>
> This idea was talked about here for several times, but nothing decided
> or done. There were several proposals for how to mark "qualifier" part
> of text:
>
> "#noun#file"
> "!noun!file"
> "[noun]file"
> "noun|file"
> "noun:file"

I believe KDE already does this, with stuff like:

#: clock.cpp:677
msgid ""
"_: hour\n"
"one"
msgstr "unua"

#: clock.cpp:677
msgid ""
"_: hour\n"
"two"
msgstr "dua"

#: clock.cpp:678
msgid ""
"_: hour\n"
"three"
msgstr "tria"

--
David Starner - dstarner98 aasaa ofe org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and