Re: Thai/Devanagari in GNOME Terminal

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Chookij Vanatham wrote:

> I'm going to test it out and provide feedback.
> Just in case, if you can give me the quick point to download it
> and, for sure, I have only Solaris to test it.

xterm - <http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/xterm/>
fonts - http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.html

This should be build on Solaris, and we'd be happy to fix it if it
doesn't.

> Is this xterm the same one supporting Thai ?

Bidi is in patch of mine, this isn't quite ready for general consumption
yet. <http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-utf8/2000-10/msg00140.html>

> Regarding table/tab stop, in Thai terminal emulator, we use this method
> to make sure that table/tab-stop are still rendered correctly.
> This method we call "compensation". Here is the detail.

[snipped]

That sounds non-ideal, unless I misunderstand, it breaks cursor
positioning, line lengths and so on.

See <http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-utf8/2000-10/msg00047.html>

--
Robert Brady