Re: Japanese GTK/GNOME text garbled.

Kaixo!

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 01:14:47PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

> > ja_JA or LANGUAGE set to ja, the translations are used but not presented
> > in Japanese.  Instead they are just garbled characters.
>
> Most likely, you don't have Japanese locales installed.

Indeed that may be a reason (that is why the error messages are so important;
please people, give the error messages when reporting a problem!)

> The particular package you need is the locale-ja package.  I don't
> know offhand of a mirror of 6.1j, but you should be able to find one
> with a little looking around. (Let me know if you have trouble and I
> can put the package up somewhere.)

A locales-ja (for glibc 2.1) is at http://www.linuxi18n.org/locales/#ja
it should install flawlessly on a Red Hat system.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.ping.be/~pin19314/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975