Re: [Render] OpenType support in Pango

> Do you intend to draw each (vertically) positioned character with a
> separate draw call?

Render allows both vertical and horizontal escapements.

> Should we consider an API that allows an app to pass an array of positions
> along with the data?

Render provides delta positioning (x and y) between any sequence of
glyphs, I haven't exposed that protocol in any API yet.  I haven't seen
many X applications use the core equivalent very successfully so I was
waiting for suggestions on what the API should look like.  Xft has the
advantage of knowing the glyph escapements, so it could take an array of
positions and compute a minimal encoding for that.

keithp keithp com	 XFree86 Core Team		SuSE, Inc.