Re: umlaute problem

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 20, Gernot Jander wrote:

> This seems not to be a problem of GTK. I use GTK (with the Python
> interface) and have many umlaute in the labels and buttons, all are
> displayed correctly. Please check the code settings of your fonts
> (=iso8859-1).
> Did you use setlocale() and gtk_set_locale() in your application?

I didn't use the setlocale()-calls, I set the respective LC_* environment
variables by hand. Nevertheless, I tried it, but it didn't help. These
calls just set some environment variables. I also tried to change the
"fontset"-setting in my ~/.gtkrc (even replaced everything except the
code settings with an asterisk=wildcard), but only the font changed,
nothing else happened.

BTW, I found a bug report concerning my problem (but not the solution):

"Gnome ticket report logs - #35592
8bit chars causes all textfields to shows as "empty" from first
occurance of that char"
(http://bugs.gnome.org/db/35/35592.html), 19.12.2000

Sebastian Platz