Re: I/O and text representation in gtk+ 1.3.x

Kaixo!

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 11:28:27AM -0800, tajima wrote:

> For example, file open and save will be:
>  open
>  	- get filename
>  	- get a file encoding somehow
>  	- g_convert file contents to UTF-8 and display

I wonder... shouldn't we also handle somehow the file name itself?
For example if the system stores the name in utf-8 but the user choose a
legacy encoding locale; or the opposite way.
The problem here comes from the multi-user nature of Unix: there is no
guaranty that all users will use the same encoding as the one used by
the O.S.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga