XIM application frozen on gtk+1.3.*

I'm seeing the problem described below when I input Japanese text
via XIM input module on a sample program gtk/testtext.c distrubuted with
gtk+.

This happens on both 1.3.2 tarball and the latest out of cvs.

-toshi
---------

Operating System:
	Redhat Linux 6.2J on intel PC
Language:
	Japanese
Problem Summary:
	gtk/testtext hangs when the preedit text gets committed
Which feature or component were you using?
	XIM input module in gtk+/module/input
How serious is the problem?
	Critical, causing the application to hang
Does the problem happen consistently?
	Yes, always
What are the steps to reproduce the problem?

	Run "testtext" program in gtk+/gtk/ with LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
	on Redhat 6.2J. The program should automatically use kinput2 XIM
	server by default. Then, with the steps below, the application
	hangs.

	 1. hit "Shift-space" to start Japanese input.
	 2. type any text, e.g. "aiu".
	 3. hit RETURN key, then the application hangs, but it
	    should commit(finalize) the text, instead.
	    On kterm, the same steps commit the preedit text properly.