gtk_editable clipbvoard or C clibpard

I just tried to paste some UTF-8 converted
swedish characters into HELLO.utf8.

First I inserted text by using iconv routines and copy
converted text to XClipboard.

Loaded HELLO.utf8 to my gtkextext widget and pasted
the UTF-8 characters from the X clipboard.

After save, lets try render it with pango using:

pango-viewer HELLO.utf8 gives:

"Invalid character in input"

Looks like the clipboard corrupt the characters...
Does this mean XClipboard dont like some of the codes between
range >= 0x80 <= 0xFD used by UTF-8?
Or is it gtk_editable who dont like it?

for example:

sprintf(buf,"Copyright sign in UTF8 format = %c%c",0xC2,0xA9)

gtk_extext_insert(buf,...);
gtk_editable_copy(...)  /* copy to XClipboard */
gtk_editable_paste(..)  /* paste somewhere else */

Should this work without problems?

Greats

MikeH

--

Totally free Linux/Windows applications at:
http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh

Country: Sweden
City: Kristianstad
ICQ: 64150878