Re: gtkrc (fwd)

Pofeng Lee <informer@mylinux.cgu.edu.tw> writes:

> > It is a bug - the file we should have shipped in
> > /etc/gtk/ should have been /etc/gtk/gtkrc.zh_TW.big5.
> >
> > In 1.2.6, when we look up a the gtkrc.$LOCALE file, we
> > convert the encoding to lowercase and remove
> > all punctuation.
> >
> > If you move the file to gtkrc.zh_TW.big5, things should
> > work.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Are you corordinate with glibc team ?
> And both of you agree that we MUST use lower case in the charset of
> $LOCALE ?
>
> Many years ago, we used zh_TW.BIG5 in a Taiwan and Big5 Encoding
> Project. ( In fact, the solaris use zh_TW.BIG5 now )
>
> We try to coordinate the FreeBSD team in Taiwan.
> We agree to use zh_TW.Big5 now.
>
> This is not a tech problem, so that maybe we should coordinate as soon as
> possible.

GTK+ tries to work with any capitalization - whether LC_CTYPE
is zh_TW.Big5 zh_TW.big5 or zh_TW.BIG5, it will always look
for the file

  gtkrc.zh_CN.big5

We do this because the capitalization is not standard.

I don't know exactly what the policy is for the glibc
locale files. The code inside glibc checks for both
the capitalzation given in the environment variable
and the locale standardized the same way as in GTK+.