Re: gdk_set_locale

Alexander Kotelnikov <sacha@AK2614.spb.edu> writes:

> Hello,
> I've found that I have to put gdk_set_locale before gtk_init (if I use
> gtk) is it true, and what are the other limitations for using it?

As you've discovered it needs to be called before gtk_init();
other than that there are no restrictions that I know of.

(gdk_set_locale() and gtk_rc_add/set_default_file() the
only calls you should make before gtk_init())

One thing that you might want to be careful is that it
actually will end up setting LC_ALL. If you don't want the
formatting of numbers to be affected, you may want to
do something like:

 gdk_set_locale();
 setlocale (LC_NUMERIC, "C");