the Korean in Unicode (Re: GScript is no longer ...)

I didn't study the GScript code well, but after seeing the example, I
guess GScript does:

1. If some Unicode characters belong to Korean
2. convert them to KS C 5601 with iconv().
3. display them with the ordinary gdk function.

The problem is, KS C 5601 only includes 2,350 (pre-composed) syllables
while Unicode 2.0 includes 11,172 syllables (all in modern Korean).
And "Hangul Jamo" code (0x1100~0x11FF) provides more times of
syllables (ancient Hangul) by composing the Jamos.

In short, we could not see some valid (in Unicode) Korean characters
in the above senario.

What could I do, if I want to make GScript display all the possible
Korean characters?  Of course, I am not questioning about Korean
specific things.  I just want to know how to stop the above senario,
and run another better (and complicated) algorithm.  Do I need to
write a separate rendering module?

--
Changwoo Ryu