Re: small gtk+ and gtk-eng. fixes (ru locale)

> > > Please don't. Switching to fontsets from fonts triggers
> > > storing the contents of Text widgets as wide characters,
> > > and, also, it is impossible to override a fontset with
> > > a fontset.
>
> Oops, this was meant to say "impossible to overwrite a fontset
> with a _font_." (The basic reason for doing it this way
> is so that you can specify a fontset and not have it overriden
> by non-i18n aware programs or themes)

I was about to ask if that is the case -- I ran some tests and
discovered that a `fontset' can be overwritten by the `fontset' but
can not be overwritten by a `font'.

But from now I do not understand your argument. From my point of view
`font' is obsolete and `fontset' should be used everywhere. ***

And if there possibility to define default fontset(s) in such a way,
that they look identical but work properly in all Latin and Cyrillic
based locales, then this is the way to go!

     Sergey Panov

***
In fact it is even better then what you think! I forgot to remove
"adobe" from the font name in the `fontset' and, as there where no
Cyrillic font with "adobe" in its name, instead of the expected
garbage I was reading .. transliterated Russian. I do not know why it
happened. it is if 8bit was stripped off (KOI8 then transliterate
Cyrillic in to Russian).