Re: small gtk+ and gtk-eng. fixes (ru locale)

> "Sergey I. Panov" <sipan@mit.edu> writes:
>
> > I had to make a few changes in gtk+ and gtk-engines in order to
> > get gtk+ and standart themes to use proper fonts with ru (Russian)
> > locale.  Now gtk uses the same fonts as before in the standart
> > setup, but it picks proper fonts when one is using ru locale. I
> > did not check but, I beleive, my changes also make it easy to
> > switch between locales that use iso8859-1,2,8,9

> > *                                            *
> > *   May I COMMIT those changes to CVS ????   *
> > *                                            *
>
> Please don't. Switching to fontsets from fonts triggers
> storing the contents of Text widgets as wide characters,
> and, also, it is impossible to override a fontset with
> a fontset.

Did not know that!

> Simply create a file in your home directory call ~/.gtkrc.ru
>
> that looks like:

> And things will work pretty nicely. (You'll lose the
> Lucida in the metal theme unless you modify this
> file when switching to that theme)
>
> We actually should ship a set of gtkrc.(LOCALE) files
> in the default GTK+ distribution. It is mostly a
> matter of coming up with the files and doing a little bit of
> automake work to get them installed in $(prefix)/etc/gtk/.
> If you want to do this, go ahead, but please submit your
> changes as a patch.

Yes, it is probably a right way doing it and I tried that route.

 I made gtkrc.ru files for each of the themes and placed them in
$(prefix)/share/themes/*/gtk/ directories. It did not change
anything.  ****  Is it a bug? ****

The same goes for GNOME's gtkrc, whicjh is in $(prefix)/share/ directory.
$(prefix)/share/gtkrc.ru had no effect.

 Sergey