Re: Undocumented functions and LSB

hi Rajesh,

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 16:32 -0700, Banginwar, Rajesh wrote:

Hi,

           As has been discussed in earlier posts, LSB desktop
project is planning on including GTK+ for LSB standardization. As we
are going through different interfaces and documentations, we find
many functions are not documented at all. Some of the examples in Glib
include:

g_convert_error_quark

The error_quark functions are not documented, because the convention is
to use the corresponding G_CONVERT_ERROR macro, which is documented.

I recommend to you to have a look at the <docname>-section.txt file which ususally is under docs/reference/<docname>/. There you can find that e.g. g_convert_error_quark() has been put into the private section. The meaning of doing so is to mark a public available symbol as one that should not be used directly by the developer.

Stefan