Re: Ideas about improving gtk-doc

Matthias Clasen wrote:

Also, even if you add support for documenting these things, you probably
can't rely on developers adding the documentation. Even now you need to
be aware that not all functions/enums etc. appear in the documentation,
since developers forget to add them to the *-sections.txt file.

I don't think this is a developers' fault. The gtk-doc system is a little confusing, because the informations are scattered in many places, while they should be contained in the source, near the documented item.

Everything except for long and short descriptions can be put in the
source, near the documented item.

Yes, but I was talking about those stange files in the doc/ directory... :)

Making gtk-doc easier can improve the current documentation status...

Writing gtk-doc doc comments is pretty easy. The hard part is setting up
gtk-doc.

Exactly. If gtk-doc is easier to configure, some project could grow up documented from the start. Now it is common to add gtk-doc only when the project is going to be included or used in a bigger project... :(

--
Buongiorno.
Complimenti per l'ottima scelta.