Re: Which is best: *.c or tmpl/*.sgml

Keith:
  As far as I can tell, gtk-doc's goal is to be able to mix the two; my feeling would be that you should follow the module's established pattern (not much of an answer, I know).  Now, if I were a maintainer, which I'm not, I'd be inclined to have the structure of the API doc in the C, and then use the templates for explanations, examples, and so forth.

Thanks for your compliments on the doc-- I hope it's helpful (and more importantly, I hope it wasn't misleading!)

a.