Re: [m4 macro] Autoconf support for gtk-doc

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 15:30, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The configure.in autoconf example given in the gtk-doc source works
> > OK, but it's a bit of a pain to paste it into your configure.ac every
> > time.
>
> >From NEWS:
>
> GTK-Doc 1.1     (Apr 18 2003)
> ===========
>
>  o Add a gtk-doc.m4 macro that allows packages to provide consistent
>    checking for gtk-doc.

Sorry, I'm a bit out-of-date.  I've now checked out your CVS, so I'll
now give you diffs against that.

A comment about gtkdocize:
if grep '^GTK_DOC_CHECK' $configure >/dev/null 2>&1; then
  :
else
  echo "$progname: GTK_DOC_CHECK not called in $configure" 1>&2
  exit 1
fi

The top line should, ideally, be

if (autoconf --trace=GTK_DOC_CHECK | grep "${configure}:[0-9][0-9]*:GTK_DOC_CHECK:") > /dev/null 2>&1; then

This uses autoconf tracing which would allow GTK_DOC_CHECK to be used
in custom macros separate from configure.ac, which a simple grep of
configure.ac will not pick up.

> > PS.  As with the last message, a previous copy I posted is stuck in
> > "moderator limbo".  This version is the correct version of the macro
> > (it uses ax_cv_ instead of ac_cv_ for the cache namespace).
>
> Not sure I'd call one day "moderator limbo" :-)

;-)  I didn't know if there was an active moderator!

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh

                GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848 available on public keyservers