Re: Signal argument names

Damon Chaplin <damon kendo fsnet co uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've just created a list of GTK+ signal argument names to use in Glade,
> which I've attached here.
>
> We may want to update gtk-doc to use these. Currently it uses names like
> 'arg1' in quite a few places, which isn't very useful.
>
> Maybe we could let modules provide a $MODULE.signal-arg-names.txt file
> to specify these, rather than hard-code them in gtk-doc as we do at
> present.

It doesn't quite fit in with the way we do things elsewhere, but
it would be really nice if we could get the argument names from
the template files or inline docs instead of creating yet
one more file.

That is, be able to do in the C file.

/**
 * GtkWidget::heirarchy-changed
 * @widget: the object which received the signal.
 * @previous_toplevel: The toplevel that was previously
 *   an ancestor of the widget, or %NULL if the widget
 *   was previously unanchored.
 *
 * Emitted when there is a chance in the hierarchy to
 * which a widget belong. More precisely, a widget is
 * <firstterm>anchored</firstterm> when its toplevel
 * ancestor is a #GtkWindow. This signal is emitted when
 * a widget changes from un-anchored to anchored or vice-versa.
 **/

Regards,
                                        Owen