Re: patch to XML docbook output

Matthias Clasen wrote:


seeing that you replaced   made me think of one little complication on your way to entity-less xml: We need a way to escape the gtk-doc abbreviations (#, %, ()) in a way which makes gtk-doc not recognize them, but still let them
come out as expected in the resulting document. So far, we used
&hash; &percent; and (<!-- -->)) for this purpose. If you want to eschew entities completely, you'll have to invent some other mechanism for # and % suppression
and make all docs use it. We should probably also think about documenting
some of these conventions ...

I am not trying to get rid of all entity usage. I just find XIncludes a more elegant way to perform file inclusions (whether you agree with me or not is another matter :).

On second thought, I could probably didn't need to get rid of the &nbsp; entities. I only made that change because xsltproc was complaining, and I read your earlier post about the entity. A better solution would have been to add a correct <!DOCTYPE> header to each of the document fragments, which allows us to use any entity valid in docbook markup (because the doctype is missing, only the standard XML entities are valid).

Since the <!DOCTYPE> line is stripped when performing an xinclude, we still end up with a valid document after the xinclude processing. I will include them in the next version of my patch.


Email: james daa com au              | 2003 Call for Papers out
WWW: |

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]