Re: omf, xml

ons 2002-05-08 klockan 21.00 skrev Damon Chaplin:
> On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 09:51, John Fleck wrote:
> > Folks -

Hi!

> > Two issues came up at a release GNOME2 release team meeting involving
> > API documentation. Neither is GNOME-specific. Both would allow docs
> > produced by gtk-doc to be more easily integrated.
> >
> > 1) Is it possible to register API docs with ScrollKeeper? This seems
> > like a good idea, as it will allow any SK-aware help browser (both
> > GNOME's and KDE's are) to know the docs' location. It's relatively
> > straightforward - we simply need to create and install an OMF file.
>
> Currently we usually only install html for API docs.
> I don't know if scrollkeeper handles html docs or if it is worth
> trying to do this as we want to move to DocBook XML at some point.

I think scrollkeeper handles html (as long as you provide an omf file
for it).

I was thinking about asking around for this earlier so that this
solution could be used for DevHelp as well (instead of providing it's
own format). This would also make it easier for all -devel packages to
install documentation that could automatically be used in DevHelp.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/