Re: XML DocBook patch

On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 04:16, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Any ideas about the cross-references?
> > Maybe we can use a <ulink> element with a special URL type that the help
> > viewer understands and knows how to resolve.
>
> The docbook means for inter-document links is olink.
>
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/dsssl/doc/olinksemantics.html
>
> If the help viewer claims to support docbook, it should understand olinks.

Though it looks a bit awkward as you have to use entities with PUBLIC or
SYSTEM identifiers to point to the target document.

Though I suppose we could write an install script that updates the
SYSTEM identifiers to point to the correct location for the target XML
file.

Alternatively we could use PUBLIC identifiers, but I think that would
mean that docs have to add themselves to the XML catalog, which may be
tricky.

Also, I don't know if yelp would handle this.

Damon