Re: gtkdoc-scangobj patch

On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 20:39, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 13:50, jacob berkman wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > this patch allows gtk's docs to build w/o an X connection.  it also
> > provides a way for you to use a different type init func than
> > gtk_type_init().  in this way, the --nogtkinit argument could just be
> > removed.
> >
> > if you don't like this, could we at least change gtk_init() to
> > gtk_type_init() so it doesn't require X?
>

> Noone objected to this, did they?
>
> I'm happy if you commit it, except one thing:
>
> +my $TYPE_INIT_FUNC="gtk_type_init ()";
>
> gtk_type_init() takes 1 argument, so I guess you didn't mean that.

it didn't used to, the api changed last week or so.

> Does it not use gtk_init() at all now? (Will that work with GTK+?)

it does and works fine; i've been using it for the past month or so.

owen said that gtk might soon be able to work w/o calling this, but i
think it still needs to be this function.

jacob
--
"Beat mixing is 10000 times more fun than even video games."
	-- bt