Re: Trouble when mkdb-ing with ORBit-generated headers

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> If I gtkdoc-mkdb for evolution/calendar/cal-client/, it screams that
> evolution-calendar.h has unparsable comments.  However, that file is
> generated by orbit-idl and really does not need to be scanned.
>
> It seems that gtkdoc-mkdb is reading all the .h files in the
> directory by itself; is there a way to specify which ones to ignore?
> It doesn't seem to have an --ignore-blah option.

It is parsing the headers now so you can put doc comments in your
headers to document enumerations and structures.

There is currently no way to control the comment-searching step -
usually it isn't necessary because the gtk-doc comment format probably
wouldn't be found in a random source file.

It could be added, or maybe the doc-comment searcher could be improved
a bit not to think:

 /** prototypes **/

Is a doc comment.

Regards,