Re: How to create docs for signal prototypes

Brian Cameron wrote:

> gtk-doc Experts:
>
> I am writing my own GObjects that define their own signals.
> How do I get the Signal Handler Prototypes for these signals
> to appear in my generated gtk-docs?

They should appear in the docs. (See the GTK+ docs on developer.gnome.org
if you don't believe me!)

You have to set up the Makefiles so that they run gtkdoc-scangobj
to dynamically grab information about the signals. gtk-doc in CVS has
example Makefiles for this. Also see the GTK+ Makefiles.

The only problem at present is that gtk-doc has no way to get decent
names for the arguments, so it uses things like 'arg1', arg2' etc.

> Do I put special comments in the .c or .h code, or do I have
> to manually tweak the tmpl files?

Currently you have to document signals in the tmpl files.
We haven't added any way to grab special comment blocks for these.

Damon