Re: gtk-doc and xml

[ Added Cc: to gtk-doc-list, since that is the list for discussing gtk-doc ]

Philippe Roy <ph_roy toutdoux org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Some questions about the next gtk-doc:
>
> - will it be able to make pure XML files ?

Toshio Kuratomi submitted has done some work at enabling this -- it
hasn't all made its way into CVS yet.

> - will it have XSL files for generating the classic html design ?

Supporting xsl stylesheets is something we'd definitely like to
do, considering the slowness of Jade. But nobody really has
started working on it. You might want to look at the gtk-doc-list
archives for an exchange I had with Daniel Viellard on some
of the more tricky issues.

> - will it be able to generate without source compilation ?

It can now, as long as you don't need the GObject support. If you need
the GObject support (signals, properties), then I don't see how you
could get around this.

> - will it be able to generate without others files (templates) than source
> files (all informations in source file) ?
> - will it be able to include latex source (formula, ...) and pictures ?

Not latex source, I don't see adding this. Supporting external DTDs
like MathML might be possible eventually. Pictures are possible now,
as long as you include them from the tmpl file.

> - will it have an internationalization support ?

Not unless someone submits a patch. Internationalizing the stock text
should be pretty straightforward. I don't know how you'd handle
actual content in more than one language in a maintainable way.

Regards,
                                        Owen