Re: CVS glib-reference question

Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> By accident ;-) I now discovered glib-reference in CVS.
>
> So three questions:
>
> * Can I simply commit my docs (that is for gthreads) to there?

Yes, please do. The HTML docs will then be updated automatically.

> * Should I stick to 1.2 or already document the upcoming 1.4 features?

I'd say stick to 1.2 for now, or we'll confuse people.
Maybe mention the 1.4 features in the main description.

> * Can I change glib-decl.txt, or is that file auto-generated? Specifically
>   I want to document all the g_mutex/g_thread etc. macros, as if they were
>   funcs (that is much simpler to understand), thus I need to change
>   glib-decl.txt.

glib-decl.txt is auto-generated, so don't change that.

To do what you want you can create a glib-overrides.txt and use the same format
as in glib-decl.txt. Declarations placed in glib-overrides.txt override those
in glib-decl.txt. (but make sure you add glib-overrides.txt to EXTRA_DIST in
the Makefile.am)

The only problem is that we'll need to make sure it stays up to date in future.

Damon