Re: [png-mng-implement] SOLVED(?): failed to load "./stock_about_16.png": Couldn't recognize the image file format
- From: Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger web de>
- To: png-mng-implement lists sourceforge net
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [png-mng-implement] SOLVED(?): failed to load "./stock_about_16.png": Couldn't recognize the image file format
- Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:36:40 +0200
John Bowler wrote:
Which means it won't work with static linking. libpng-config, on the
other hand, includes -lz when called with --static.
Isn't that what the Libs.private field in the .pc files is for, and the
--static option to pkg-config?
I guess that's a theoretical possibility, but so far as I am aware
an attempt to link an application against a DLL with unresolved
symbol references fails (e.g. -lpng12 without -lz prior to 1.2.8).
Doesn't it only fail if you use -z defs?
] [Thread Prev