Re: GTK+ >> Cocoa Native Port

I have tried to install it on my ibook (tiger) and I couldnt get it to work. The problem was the gtk-doc wouldn't compile correctly and so couldn't install the GTK+ :(  (said shouldn't have a / or something - not on iBook at the moment so can't post it)

I downloaded and installed Fink and tried to install it via that but pango wouldn't install :(

Not a good start.

Anyone got any tips?

On 21/05/06, Michael Torrie <torriem chem byu edu> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 09:36 +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> Given that there is still work to be done on the HEAD branch I would
> say time would be better spent on working on stabilizing that and to
> work on features than to backport to an old version of Mac OS X.

If the port can be made to run on Panther now, I think that will help
development a bit.  Right now there is nothing I could do to contribute
even if I wanted to, since my machines are all Panther.  As the main
sponsor of the project, you needn't spend your time on a Panther port at
this point (as you say your time should be spend working in HEAD), but
if others want to try it out, I will be most grateful.

Michael