Re: How to get the image in drawing area as a BMP file ?

sadhees kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>          For my application i need to get the picture drawn in the
> drawing area widget as a file.I have written the following code , but
> it doesnt work ...... (i.e) the function ->
>
>                     gdk_pixbuf_save() ..... i can get as a JPEG file
> but i tried several times to get a BMP file & could not get it.
>
>                      Is there any thing with the GTK version im using,
> which is Gtk-2.2.1. Please tell me some idea behind this which will work.

You will need to use a newer version of GTK (use the 2.8.x stable
series).  From the NEWS file for GTK, there is the following:

Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.6.x to GTK+ 2.7.0
* gdk-pixbuf
 - Support saving BMP [Ivan Wong Yat Cheung]

So if you upgrade to the current stable release of GTK, you should be
able to save to BMP successfully.

Note that this question would have been more appropriate for gtk-list:
gtk-devel-list is for discussion relating to development of GTK, rather
than development with GTK.

James.