Re: GTK+ modularization
- From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu>
- To: muppet <scott asofyet org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Subject: Re: GTK+ modularization
- Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:33:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, muppet wrote:
As i understand it, the target for this modularization is not
desktops --- it's embedded devices.
Hmm, perhaps I haven't been following this closely enough. In
an embedded context the slimming of GTK certainly make sense.
Therefore I heartily condone the effort to make subsets that
can be turned off, but with respect to your concerns about
portability of desktop apps, would suggest that these subsets
are not advertised as useful for desktop systems.
Yes. I find it's surprisingly easy for people to shoot
themselves in the foot, and anything that makes that less likely
is welcome. (In this context, shooting self in foot =
installing or building a GTK runtime that will not support all
the apps the user wants to run.)
Department of Economics
Wake Forest University, NC
] [Thread Prev