RE: GNOME CVS: gtk+ matthiasc

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 10:00 -0800, Bastian, Waldo wrote:

> Using a Xsettings sounds like a viable solution to me. In what regard do
> you think that it doesn't scale well?

It's possible that an Xsetting is right for this particular config
option.  If we come up with a good one then, by all means, we should use
it.

I was (poorly, I think) using this example to get at the general need to
proxy settings from gconf to GTK+.  Most applications use gconf directly
to save application data, as does the desktop in general.  We dont want
to mirror the full gconf database via xsettings.

Thanks,
-Jonathan